Professional NMEA0183 Intelligent Buffer
Adaptable NMEA 0183 Buffer with a variety of operating modes. Provides two OPTO-isolated inputs and twelve ISO-Drive™ outputs, keeping devices safe from hazardous ground loops.
Manufacturer part number: PRO-BUF-1-BAS-R
PRO-BUF-1 is reliable, robust and provides isolation on all inputs and outputs as standard. With two NMEA 0183 inputs, twelve NMEA 0183 outputs, a bi-directional serial port and an Ethernet port, the PRO-BUF-1 is a perfect solution for larger leisure vessels and commercial shipping.
The PRO-BUF-1 is designed to suit the majority of NMEA 0183 systems and ready to go ‘out of the box’ by simply hard-wiring the two mode inputs as required. The manually configurable basic modes of operation include variations of buffer modes, autoswitch modes, and combine modes.
For all other configurations, leaving the mode inputs floating selects the ‘User Configuration Mode’. The web browser based configuration tool allows full customisation of the PRO-BUF-1, and is compatible across all popular Operating Systems. The PRO-BUF-1 supports a direct Ethernet connection to a PC without the need for a specialised Ethernet crossover cable.
To make installation quick and simple the PRO-BUF-1 features 2-part pluggable connectors that allow use of screw or screwless terminals, and a professional DIN rail mounting mechanism (DIN rail included).
Helpful LEDs indicate power, data in, data out and the alarm status to aid diagnostics.
- 2 OPTO-isolated NMEA 0183 inputs
- 12 ISO-Drive™ NMEA 0183 outputs
- Bi-directional isolated serial port (can be used for additional NMEA 0183 input/output)
- Ethernet port
- Alarm output (N/O and N/C contacts)
- Designed for 12 and 24 Volt supply
- Isolation to battery supply
- Browser based configuration tool
- Automatic baud rate matching on inputs
- Independently configurable outputs Provides data combining and autoswitching of inputs
- Alarm and Mode LED’s
- 2 part pluggable connector system supports both screw and screwless terminals
- DIN rail or Panel mountable
- Advanced statistics are available via a Web Browser
- Quick and easy to install
- Works out of the box with pre-defined operating modes
- Configuration using standard web browser, no PC operating system compatibility issues
- Fully isolated with ISO-Drive technology for peace of mind
- Easy firmware updates makes the device future-proof
For more details and Downloads please visit Actisense Website at: