USB to NMEA0183, RS485 and RS422 Serial Gateway
The USG-2 ensures safety and reliability when connecting a PC to your NMEA 0183 network. (USB cable not included)
The USG-2 converts a USB port into a bi-directional serial port suitable for connecting to a marine standard NMEA 0183 data bus.
t provides a far safer connection when compared to standard USB to serial converters.
Electrical isolation is provided by the ISO-Drive™ output and OPTO-isolated input making installation simple and free from ground loops.
The input uses the Actisense OPTO-isolation circuitry to protect any connected equipment from the most common system faults. The input can receive very low-level signals that are often too small to be received by a PC serial port.
The USG-2 is the safest way to connect a boat’s data network to an on-board PC.
- NMEA 0183, RS422 & RS232 compatible
- ISO-Drive™ technology
- Pluggable screwless connector with locking latch & strain relief
- Encapsulated electronics
- High retention USB socket
- Diagnostic & power LEDs
- Baud rates from 300 to 230400 bps
- Bulkhead mount, with optional DIN rail mount kit
- Pluggable screwless connector
- Inputs & outputs protected against over voltage, ESD & short circuits
- Simple installation
- Protects PC from damage
- Eliminates ground loops
For more details and Downloads please visit Actisense Website at: